If you are signatory with the laborers and have work in our area, give us a call!
We have the skilled laborers you need to get the job done!
If your company is not signatory with the laborers and you are interested in more information about joining please call our office!
A Union Laborer has many advantages over his non-union counterpart. First and foremost, a Union Laborer is part of an organization whose goal is to provide good wages, benefits and safe working conditions for all of its members. The Laborers' International Union of North America (LiUNA) strives to maintain that goal each and every day.
Assurance that a fair and competitive wage has been negotiated for him/her is another advantage of Union Labor. Individuals are guaranteed a wage that will allow him or her to provide shelter, food, clothing and education for their family. A wage that will help them enjoy a high standard of living.
Benefits, such as health insurance and a pension, are also a part of the Laborer's Union package. Health insurance provides peace-of-mind to a worker. A pension plan is provided to a member in order that they may retire with confidence.
Lastly, a Union Laborer has the advantage of getting the appropriate training for his job. Safety and skills training is provided for all Union Laborers through the LiUNA Chicagoland Laborers' District Council Training Center.
Union Brotherhood, great wages, benefits and training are the cornerstones of what makes being a Union Laborer a smart choice.
Why Work With LIUNA?
Contractors partner with LIUNA because of the value LIUNA members provide.
Here are just a few of the ways LIUNA makes your job easier by providing:
- The best trained, highest skilled, hardest working people in the industry with over sixty training facilities across the U.S. and Canada.
- Training that meets or exceeds OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory standards.
- Assistance making work safer, reducing accident rates, controlling workers’ compensation costs, and saving lives.
- Ability to help firms meet hiring requirements to comply with city ordinances, community benefits agreements, and project labor agreements.
- Automated tracking of project and bid opportunities.
- A voice on issues of importance to the entire construction industry – including fighting for fair and comprehensive immigration reform, infrastructure investment that will make America more competitive and create good jobs, and protecting laws such as the Davis Bacon Act.
- Affordable health insurance for construction workers and, in many instances, also other company employees.
- Assistance to firms in accessing capital and bonding resources, providing marketing support, and navigation of MBE/DB certification processes.
- A commitment to diversity and community unparalleled in the industry.